Saturday 31 October 2009

Beetlejuice (13 Days Of Hallowe'en)

Right, here's why Beetlejuice freaks me, I mean, used to freak me out:

1) GIANT WORMS!

When I went to the beach as a kid I always started freaking out because of something that featured in the Monster In My Pocket toys. It was a creature that lived under sand and used to poke through and snatch children pulling them under to eat them. As such these things terrified me.

2) SHE RIPS HER FACE OFF!

I mean, seriously, right off!

3) THE GUY WAE THE WEE HEID!

Reminds me of a guy who cuts about my hometown. In fact he looks identical and the real life guy's mental.

4) SNAKE BEETLEJUICE!

Let's be honest it is quite a freaky wee scene.

5) EYEBALLS!



I'm not the only person freaked out by the eyeball. Hoffman, Freud and The Residents all understand our fears relating to them and many a horror director manipulates it with "eye deaths". Just don't go looking through any keyholes.

6) FUNFAIRS FREAK ME OUT!

Even if it's only a guy dressed as one.

7) AS DOES MODERN ART!

This movies full of it. And then it all comes to life...

8) FALSE TEETH!

My grandpa used to take his teeth out and chase me with them. It wasn't so much the fake teeth clapping in his hand rather the gums they left behind that freaked me out.

9) THE METAL PLATE ON HER MOUTH!

As someone who struggles with sinus trouble the idea of a metal plate boltedto my mouth is just plain scary. If it happened to me whilst my nose was bunged up I'd suffocate and die!

Great, now I'm a gibbering wreck! If any kids come to the door I'll be too afraid to open it in case they're dressed as modern art, giant worms or my grandpa!

No comments: