Wednesday 8 April 2009

DVD Reviews

've been really busy. Not busy as in doing interesting things, rather working loads and the like. As a result I've fallen a bit behind on reviews. Thankfully I have some time off so thoughts on Gran Torino, Watchmen and Milk are forthcoming, just in time so you can decide whether to see movies you've either already seen or missed. In the meantime here's some very brief reviews of some stuff I've watched on DVD of late when I've had a wee minute or two to put something on.

Ghost Town



Decent mis-mash of lots of other films you've already seen. The Frighteners does something similar, a whole lot better, so see that under-rated gem instead. Gervais is actually quite good in it by the way.

Run, Fatboy, Run



Predictable toss saved slightly by Simon Pegg and Dylan Moran.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend



Good idea but somewhat lacking. Nice to see Rainn Wilson get a big role.

Get Smart



Good stuff. Worth seeing. A sequel would be welcome.

Tropic Thunder



Should have been funnier. Maybe if the entire movie consisted of Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. (and it was only twenty minutes long) it would have been better.

Told you they were brief!

Oh, and I watched Ghostbusters on telly. Ghostbusters is freaking cool! But then I'm sure you already know that. Unless you haven't seen it. Then I have to ask "what the hell is wrong with you?"

No comments: