Monday 30 November 2009

St. Andrew's Day

Wahay it's the day we Scots don't bother to celebrate in cheap and tacky ways like a certain bunch of fellow Celts. Scottish film's a bit miserable, though, ain't it. I've made my own thoughts clear on the general state of the Scottish film industry a few times here so bugger the negativity and let's look back to a time when we seemed to do things a lot, well, nicer:



Let's make more stuff like Local Hero eh? Tae hell with this misery ridden shite. Here's a wee documentary available on Vimeo by a bloke named Kenny Parker that addresses this issue and it's well worth a watch:

Visual dissertation - Why are Scottish films so miserable? from Kenny Parker on Vimeo.



I don't know what's up with me, maybe it's the impending festive period, but I want cheerier stuff to help balance Scottish film's output. Come on Scotland let's cheer up!

No comments: