Friday 25 September 2009

Toronto International Film Festival 2009 aka TIFF 2009



Two weeks ago today (1oth Sept) the Toronto International Film Festival 2009 kicked off and on Saturday past (19th Sept) it came to a close.

Since I am living in the city at the moment, I put myself forward to volunteer at this years festival and was duly accepted. After coming through the rigourous induction day (ha ha) and learned to accept my fate to be simply doing a couple of shifts over the ten days outside (or inside) a cinema in the city where the festivals films were being shown I recieved a phone call asking if I could promise myself for the whole ten days to work in the communications department (which I had originally hoped for) at Sutton Place Hotel. I duly obliged and signed myslef up for all ten shifts. It turns out this Sutton Place place was the hub of the TIFF (its acronym and what people actually call it, probably because they have no connection to Grants wife from Eastenders but hey) and so over the next week or so I will relay my time at the festival. What I did, what I saw, who I saw, hell even maybe some reviews could be posted in the coming days!

Of course this would have made an excellent day today diary type deal as and when the festival was going on but thats not how we roll at Splice, late or not at all is more our style.

So with this serving somewhat as a introduction I will bid you adieu. But please check in over the coming days to find out all about how my festival experience really was.

Thanks

Ruud Kerouac

No comments: