Sunday 8 February 2009

BAFTA Winners

Just in case you care here's the winners of this year's BAFTA awards. Now I've already ranted about this piss poor excuse for a back slapping shindig when the nominations came out so I won't repeat myself. Instead I'll take the positives:

Slumdog cleaning up, hopefully it will at the Oscars now too,

In Bruges earning Martin McDonagh an award for Best Original Screenplay,

Er...that's it, really.

One point though, going back to the point I made about having separate Best Film and Outstanding British Film categories; if Slumdog's the best film of the last year how is it not the best British film? Or is that why it's worded as "outstanding", but then if that's the case then it shouldn't be nominated for the two awards.

Sorry, I'll shut up now as that's the tinpot Academy Awards over for another, underwhelming year. Roll on the Oscars so I can moan some more about that!

No comments: