Tuesday 8 January 2008

Resolutions

Off the back of Ruud's New Year's Resolutions, which he has already began to fulfill, on yersel big yin, I thought I'd post some of mine;

1) Get myself to the cinema more and catch up on the dealio.

2) Finish the review for Venus I've been struggling with for ages (difficult film to write about).

3) In relation to 1), more reviews, not just of current stuff but of older films as well (currently looking at The Lives Of Others and The Science Of Sleep, but I mean older).

4) Look at some telly shows like The Sopranos and The US version of the Office (as Ruud would say, surprisingly un-shite).

5) Continue ongoing things like The Greatest Lines In Movies and I Love... (plus adding I Hate... for those inexplicably popular things that are pish).

6) Get in a lather about Machine Girl, only to find out it's utter crap when it finally arrives!

7) More big articles. Looking at things like retrospectives of directors (Coens, Peter Jackson, Hayoa Miyazaki), proper grown-up serious stuff (such as a look at the horror genre today in a return to my dissertation subject, just need to force myself to read that again!), and funny ones too (a tribute to an 80's guy we all know and love, just don't put him in the corner).

8) More videos. And I mean self-produced. At the moment all I have personally is a camera phone (as you can tell from the three videos so far posted it's shit) but would like to get a decent digital one and maybe do some video material, such as reviews and skits, or just general stream of consciousness rambling.

Basically what I'm saying is 9) Make Splice better. It'll be 1 in March and I'd like to believe that by then every attempt is being made to make this a cracking wee film blog site.

Thanks for listening,

Big Red

P.S. 10) Get Colin's Bear Movie made into a major motion picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.