Wednesday 23 January 2008

The Razzies

Sometimes i am so glad i dont get to see much of what comes out over the calendar year. It all seems to me to be a better idea to wait till DVD, especially if this is what can happen!

2008 Razzie Nominees

Worst Picture
Bratz
Daddy Day Camp
I Know Who Killed Me
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Norbit

Worst Actor
Nicolas Cage, in Ghost Rider, National Treasure and Next
Jim Carrey, The Number 23
Cuba Gooding, Jr., Daddy Day Camp and Norbit
Eddie Murphy, Norbit
Adam Sandler, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

Worst Actress
Jessica Alba, Awake, Fantastic Four, and Good Luck Chuck
Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos AND Skyler Shaye, Bratz
Elisha Cuthbert, Captivity
Diane Keaton, Because I Said So
Lindsay Lohan, I Know Who Killed Me

Worst Supporting Actor
Orlando Bloom, Pirates of the Caribbean
Kevin James, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Eddie Murphy, Norbit
Rob Schneider, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Jon Voight, Bratz, National Treasure September Dawn and Transformers

Worst Supporting Actress
Jessica Biel, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Carmen Electra, Epic Movie
Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia), Norbit
Julia Ormond, I Know Who Killed Me
Nicolette Sheridan, Code Name: The Cleaner

Worst Screen Couple
Jessica Alba & either Hayden Christensen in Awake; Dane Cook in Good Luck Chuck; or Ioan Gruffudd in Fantastic Four
Any Combination of Two Totally Air-Headed Characters in Bratz
Lindsay Lohan and Lindsay Lohan in I Know Who Killed Me
Eddie Murphy (as Norbit) & either Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong) or Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia) in Norbit
Adam Sandler & either Kevin James or Jessica Biel in I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

Worst Remake or Ripoff
Are We Done Yet? (remake of Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House)
Bratz (A rip-off if there ever was one)
Epic Movie (Rip-off of every movie it rips off)
I Know Who Killed Me (Rip-off of Hostel, Saw and The Patty Duke Show)
Who's Your Caddy (Rip-off of Caddy Shack)

Worst Prequel or Sequel
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Daddy Day Camp
Evan Almighty
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II

Worst Director
Dennis Dugan, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Roland Joffe, Captivity
Brian Robbins, Norbit
Fred Savage, Daddy Day Camp
Chris Siverston, I Know Who Killed Me

Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
Captivity
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II
I Know Who Killed Me

My first thoughts are, what the hell is Fred Savage up to, after a right stupid rumour about Marilyn Manson starring in The Wonder Years he goes and directs Daddy Day Camp. Actually, what is Daddy Day Camp! Wait now i have it, its nominated for worst prequel so it must have something to do with Daddy Day Care. Which was baws incidentally. A fair shout of John Voight because i have seen Transformers and he is mince in it but starring in Bratz is unacceptable and he deserves all he gets.

But a wee message of support to Dennis Dugan who i love. Nominated for I now Pronounce You Kiddy-on Gays or whatever its called i have heard is mince but the man brought us Happy Gilmore, The Benchwarmers and Problem Child (81 minutes of perfection) so if there is such a thing as bouncbackability then it will surely happen to this cinema hero!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qlwnZqyKk-Q

1 comment:

Big Red said...

If I had my way every category would be chock full of Next. I reviewed it a while back and fucking hell it's bad, like accidentally wiping dog shit onto a dates leg while playing footsy under the table bad!

Oh and Alba really is shit!