Monday 29 September 2008

Paul Newman

I'm gutted, I loved this:



I apologise, I've just been informed that Paul Newman was probably the most under-rated actor ever. Supposedly he was one of the finest but James Dean died, Brando hammed it up and Deniro, Pacino, Hackman and Hoffman will now do anything for the money keeping them in the public domain. I'm informed his films were great and he was amazing in them, yet many may not have been the biggest hits and such he's gone kind of ignored at times. Turns out he's also done tons of great work for childrens charities and all the proceeds from, what I am informed is rather excellent, sauce is donated to them. I'm also told he was a bit of a smashing chap.

Sounds like he was awrite eh?

I went and typed the proper name into Youtube and got this:



R.I.P.

1 comment:

ruud kerouac said...

Cant say i follow the gary numan thing but hey, nice song, i shall let it go.

Checking Paul Newmans imsb page i notice that in a act of pure and utter poor show i have only ever seen four of his films; Cars, Road to Perdition, Hudsucker Proxy and Color of Money. i could at a push add The Sting but i really dont remember seeing it though i am sure i did cos my dad went on about it a fair bit i seem to recall from my youth, he also went on about Blazing saddles, i def remember watching that.

I also havent tried his salad sauces, i do rmemebr seeing his smiling face peering out at me from the shelves at asda (surely i havent been imagining Paul Newman while i do my shopping at Killies asda? it has been released in the uk? surely?) if not asda then i def saw it when in a supermarket in Canada four years ago, i reiterate i saw it, i have yet to taste it. Im sure its good, though its salad sauce, its to cover the taste of salad, it better be good!

I shall seek to add to my Paul Newman have seen checklists because by all the obit's i have read it is ME who is missing out.

RIP Paul